Dating tips for the 40ish?

by Sara on February 19, 2011

Got this question from “M”:

Dating tips for over 40′s? I haven’t been “out” there for years. What does it look like? I don’t have baggage but how do you date and not talk about your ‘stuff’ when you are in your 40′s….you’ve been through the marriage, divorce, children. How do you go out on a date and leave all that out and just have fun?

Please offer your advice below :-)

Senior Match – the perfect and safe online community for the senior citizens and old folks to interact and find exciting romances, warm companionship and more!

Receive compliments and dating tips from the experts

Related posts:

1. 5 Sizzling Online Dating Tips
  2. Reasons to Date Online: I’m Getting Over a Break Up
  3. Dating Advice for Women
  4. Dating with an STD
  5. Match.com Review

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

blondepiaga February 19, 2011 at 10:11 am

Don’t dress like my mom.

cwb63ss February 19, 2011 at 10:29 am

things have changed good luck to you.

steph February 19, 2011 at 10:52 am

don’t bring up the past unless asked ?

& if asked ? brush by it quick & move to your subject of something totally opposite..

n9wff February 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

take it gradual and laid back. I married at 35, but it took that long to know what I wanted and needed. Plus I had to learn how to treat the lady right.
It works both ways. If you’re in it for yourself, dating is only half the fun.

OleMarbleEyes February 19, 2011 at 11:52 am

go to singles and dating and ask this

how much experience to you think married people will be able to offer.

martin n February 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I don’t know, but its big and scary and not as much fun as when we had big hair, platform shoes and wore skinny jeans.
And the music… its all shouting nowadays, not like when we were young, we had proper songs then. Commodores, Abba, Zig Zig Sputnik. And the clothes. Oh my goodness. The girls walking around with half their bottoms sticking out. Not that I’m complaining, you know…..

johngolfs2002 February 19, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Just go out and be yourself.
Don’t screw it up with worrying how to be.

Smart women get this one right, kiddo.
You can do it.

Tom S February 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Dating at 40 is no different than any other time.It will be awkward yet fun.Keep an open mind,don’t settle for average,enjoy yourself.I like to make my date feel at ease right off the bat,set up guidelines and stick with them.Let me know what you expect and that is what you usually get.Once again it is a new part of your life , embrace the change and have fun.Email me if you want to chat.

Butterfly February 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm

You can talk about yourself, your likes and dislikes. You don’t go all overboard on the first few dates. Maybe you communicate well and it all comes flooding out. There will come a time that you should talk about your past. It is what makes you ,who you are and you should talk about it at some point on down the road if you see the relationship going somewhere. You can always follow his lead. One of the best pieces if advice I learned is to not sleep with a man to soon. There are many that just want booty calls and some are even married. The ones that are playing games will go away very fast if you don’t give them any. The ones that really want to get to know you will keep calling you and seeing you without the sex.